Cementec Industries Inc. is a Canadian-based, award winning product development and manufacturing company with over twenty years of industry experience. As a major supplier of silica fume to the concrete and well cementing industries, Cementec provides silica fume as well as other specialized, proprietary products with best-in-class quality and service.
A Full Time, permanent position, based in Calgary, Alberta, the Maintenance Technician is responsible for installing, inspecting, adjusting, and repairing equipment while following safety rules and regulations. This position is accountable for maintaining all equipment to required standards as well as responding to production and equipment failures.
As a Maintenance Technician you will be required to perform the following duties (but not limited to):
- Installing stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment according to layout plans using hand and power tools
- Inspecting and examining machinery and equipment to detect irregularities and malfunctions
- Adjusting machinery and repairing and/or replacing defective parts
- Reading and interpreting diagrams and schematic drawings, blueprints, and manufacturer’s installation manuals to complete assigned projects
- Participating in the preventative maintenance program on all equipment for continuous improvement of all machines
- Operating machine tools to fabricate parts required during overhaul, maintenance, or set-up of machineries
- Fit bearings, align gears and shafts, attach motors, and connect couplings and belts
- Service and repair hydraulic, pneumatic, and programmable logic controls
- May do some tack welding and fabrication as well as maintain inventory of replacement parts
- Ensuring operating safety devices function properly on completion of repairs, modifications, and installations
- Keeping detailed and accurate maintenance reports and documentation
- Cleaning, lubricating, and performing other routine maintenance work on machineries
- May operate mobile equipment such as front-end loaders, forklifts, skid-steer loaders, man lifts and overhead cranes
- Performs area housekeeping duties and may perform work area and safety audits
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent. Journeyman Certificate in the Millwright trade in the Province of Alberta preferred.
- Experience: 3 - 5 year of experience in an industrial setting. Minimum 3 years of mechanical experience in millwright activities in a process, manufacturing, and/or mining environment
- Canadian Welding Bureau (CWB) Certificate is considered an asset
- Mig and Stick welding experience is considered as asset.
- Mechanical experience on a rotary dryer is considered an asset
- Troubleshooting PLC and Plant controls experience is crucial
- Knowledge of the dry grind system and flow system through mill and pneumatic area
- Knowledge of the filtering and drying process
- Knowledge of placard system to accurately identify hazardous materials
- Understanding of computerized controls and electronics
- The ability to work rotating shifts to cover the plants operational needs, including overtime
- Strong trouble shooting skills and the ability to work efficiently under time restraints
- Ability to follow manufacturer’s specifications and schematics.
- Requires the ability to lift 50lbs
If you are driven to succeed, please click "Apply Now”. Phone calls and/or Applicant walk-ins in the office will not be entertained. We thank all applicants, however, only those to be selected for an interview will be contacted.